The Promotions page of a compensation cycle setup allows admins to indicate which individuals are going to be promoted via this cycle. Promotions can be added individually via the Promotions table or bulk uploaded via CSV.
Add individual promotions via the Promotions table
- Select the Promotion dropdown next to an eligible employee.
- Decide if the employee should be promoted into a new compensation band.
- Compensation bands are optional for promotions. If a compensation band is provided, you will have the option on the Budget page to provide raise guidance for promoted employees based on placement in their new compensation bands. Selecting a compensation band here will not automatically update an employee’s compensation band assignment or Grow track elsewhere in Lattice.
- Upon opening the Promotion modal, you can select a new compensation band for the promoted employee. Use the following fields to match the employee to the correct compensation band:
- Job function (required)
- Job type (required)
- Job level (required)
- Pay zone (optional)
- If you prefer to promote an employee without assigning them to a new compensation band, uncheck Select a new compensation band before proceeding.
- Select the employee's new pay type:
- No change
- Select Add promotion.
Bulk update eligibility or promotions
Admins can make bulk changes to the Participants by uploading a CSV.
To upload a CSV:
- Select Upload Promotions.
- Download the Promotion Decision CSV template.
- Optionally, download the prefilled Compensation Bands Reference CSV to use as a reference to assign employees to their new compensation bands upon promotion.
- Under the Status column, add whether employees can or cannot receive a compensation adjustment by inputting eligible, ineligible, or hidden.
- Under the Promotion Decision (Y/N) column, bulk add promotion decisions by inputting Y or N for each employee.
- (Optional) To assign promoted employees to new compensation bands, fill in the following:
- New Job Function
- New Job Type
- New Level
- New Location (if applicable)
- Upload the updated CSV.
- Select Save.
|← Back to Create a Compensation Cycle||Next Currency→|