Permissions and visibility for an HR Generalist
What is an HR Generalist?
Typically an HR Generalist will help with onboarding new employees but does not have access to sensitive employee information, such as employee reviews or feedback.
What visibility does an HR Generalist have?
HR Generalists will have the admin tab in Lattice but will only be able to see the Employees page of the People section.
What can an HR Generalist manage?
HR Generalists will be able to add users to Lattice by either directly adding them to the system or by CSV upload. They can also create and manage groups in Lattice. HR Generalists will not be able to update employee profile information after the employee has been added to Lattice.
Set Up an HR Generalist:
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Permissions.
- Enter the Custom roles tab.
- Click Create custom role.
- Give the role a name (e.g. HR Genralist).
- Search and select the role members that will be given HR Generalist permissions.
- Under Global permissions, check the People check box.
- Click Create role.