Bulk upload or update your entire organization with a CSV file
Admins can import their employees into Lattice using a CSV. Once employees are added they will be set to a Created state and then can be invited to Lattice.
Before you start
- We strongly recommend using CSV (UTF-8) files so accented characters can be correctly rendered in Lattice.
- Leaving fields blank will neither remove information from a user's Lattice account nor change their account status. If you only need to add or change one or a few users' details, you can upload a partial CSV that only contains their email addresses. Excluding email addresses/users from the upload will not affect their accounts.
- Uploading an employee for the first time will set their Name field the first time. Subsequent uploads will not change the Name field, and edits will need to be made from the employee's profile. The CSV upload will change the HRIS full name field every time (this is a different field than Name).
- Avoid using double quotes in CSV files as this could cause the upload to fail.
Upload company CSV
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Employees.
- Select Add employees > Upload CSV.
- (Optional) Select Download Template and add the necessary employee information. Learn more about the CSV requirements.
- Select Upload CSV and upload your document.
The company CSV requires the following fields:
- Manager (For CEOs or company heads, you may leave the field blank)
The company CSV recommends the following fields:
- Start date (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Birthdate (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Gender (Male, Female, Non-binary)
- Phone number (293-191-9203)
For every row in the file, we will either:
- Create a new user account using that row's details
- Update an existing user's account as long as the user has a matching email address
The manager column will assign managers to each employee. You can enter either Manager Email or Manager ID (external ID) to configure your org chart and reporting structure. Ensure emails and IDs are correct, as managers have special permissions around managing their team.
Status is used to create or deactivate Lattice accounts. The column can be set to either active or terminated.
As a result:
- If the row is active and the employee doesn't yet have an account, we will create one for them.
- If the row is terminated and the employee doesn't have an account, we will skip that row.
- If the row is active and the employee has an account, we will update their details.
- If the row is terminated and the employee has an account, we will deactivate their account, and they will no longer be able to log in.