Admins can configure review templates so that reviewers can provide review feedback on goals owned by the reviewee. There are best practices to be aware of before creating a review with a goal-enabled template:
Best practice for goal-enabled templates
- If admins pull active goals into a template, ensure all employees have active goals in their Lattice account.
- If admins pull ended goals into a template, employees should have completed goals in their Lattice instance.
- If admins pull both active and ended goals into a template, employees should have active OR ended goals.
- Peer, Upward, and Downward reviewers will only be able to see reviewee goals that they have permission to view. This includes public goals or private goals available to the reviewer via custom permission.
- Changes to visibility, state, or other metadata of goals that are not in the cycle will not cause them to be pulled into the review cycle if the cycle has already launched and questions are already generated.
- All eligible top-level goals owned by the reviewee will be pulled into reviews, including individual, department, and company-level goals.
Only the top-level goal will be pulled into the review cycle. This means that if an employee is the goal owner of both an objective and a key result (with cascading), Lattice will only pull in the objective. However, the key results will be visible using the collapsable option within the review.