How to backfill goals
Once you have enabled O&KR differentiation, any goals created before enablement will become undefined and labeled as unclassified. This means any goal created previously will not be labeled as either an objective or a key result. Opting to backfill those unclassified goals will unlock more granular reporting on the Goals Explore page.
Before you start
When you run a backfill, goals will be converted to objectives or key results based on the following criteria:
- If goal is measured as binary and has children → labeled as an objective
- If goal is measured as #, %, $ → labeled as a key result
- If goal is measured as binary without children → labeled as a key result
- If goal is measured as binary without children and without parents → labeled as an objective
- If integration goal → labeled as a key result
This conversion will run for all goals except for deleted goals.
Once you have converted your existing goals, you cannot revert the change. However, you can manually re-convert your objectives and key results by following the steps in How to Convert Objectives and Key Results.
Convert Your Existing Goals
Step 1: Once O&KR differentiation has been enabled, navigate to Admin > Goals > Settings.
Step 2: Under Objective and Key Result differentiation, select Convert.
Step 3: A confirmation popup will appear –– Click Yes, do it now.