Before you start
- Goal cycles can also be created automatically via goal cycle time periods. To learn how to auto-generate goal cycles, check out How to Set Automatic Goal Cycles.
- The goal cycle start and due dates are not editable once the cycle has been published
- Goals will not automatically end after the goal cycle due date –– They will only be marked overdue.
Create a new goal cycle: Setup
- Navigate to Goals > Goal cycles.
- Click Create new cycle.
- Give your goal cycle a cycle name, start date, and due date. Note that goals can be added to this cycle with a custom start and due date.
- Click Save changes.
- Schedule goal notifications for company, department, and individual goals by toggling on/off the notification type. If you want to turn notifications off, you can toggle to disable any goal cycle notifications.
- Add a Subject and Body to your goal-setting emails. The email will include a button that states Set goals, which will lead employees to Lattice.
- (Optional) Send yourself a preview.
- Click Save & continue.
- Verify all of the information is correct.
- Select Create goal cycle.
Once you have launched the goal cycle process, you can begin to manage the goal cycle, including monitoring goal creation, updates, and more.
To edit a goal cycle, including launch emails, re-enter the goal cycle and navigate to Manage notifications, and edit your settings.