Integrate and manage your company's Slack integration with Lattice
Integrating Lattice with Slack allows your company to keep up with Lattice by sharing activities in your company's Slack channels. Lattice will push updates to your Slack instance whenever a user receives public feedback, updates a public goal, is prompted to complete a stage in a review, or post a public update.
Note: Individual users can adjust their preferred Slack notifications within the Notification Center. If you are launching the slack integration to get access to our Notification Center, you will have the option to disable the Slack channel after successfully integrating Slack.
Before you start
- You must be an admin in Lattice and Slack to set up the integration.
- You must be logged into Slack within your browser to set up the integration.
- Once integrated, the Lattice app will appear for all employees after their first notification or under a manual search –– Users do not need to download the app individually to get started.
- All Slack users will have visibility into the Lattice App regardless of whether they have active accounts in Lattice. If a non-Lattice user interacts with the Lattice app, they will be notified that they are not active in Lattice, and they should reach out to their account admin.
- The email addresses of your Slack accounts must match the email addresses of your Lattice accounts to take advantage of the integration.
- The Lattice app cannot post in Admin-Only permission Slack channels.
- Slack has a 3000-character limit.
- Lattice's integration does not touch any actual data inputs, it is a read-only API connection. The API connection will only pull in report outputs that it has been pointed towards. Additionally, a Lattice user can only access reports that they have permission to view in Slack.
Set up the Slack integration
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > Integrations.
- Under Communication Integrations, select Slack.
- Under Where should Lattice post?, type the channel name in that field and select. Note: This channel can be updated later. Learn more in Customize Slack Integration Channels.
- Select Allow to authorize the integration.
The Lattice Slack App
Once connected, the Lattice's Slack App will appear on the righthand Slack panel once the first Lattice notification is sent. This is a private Slack App that will allow users to:
- Give public, private, and manager-only feedback
- Request feedback
- Respond to feedback requests
- Write a private note
- Add 1:1 talking points
- Receive Lattice notifications
When you connect with Slack, you will see a screen that shows you exactly what permissions we're requesting and what data we'll have access to. We purposefully request the least amount of permissions to do our job - we don't want any extra data. If you feel uncomfortable with the data that Lattice will have access to, you can always cancel the connection before it happens, and we will never have accessed your data.