Integrate Slack with a private channel for permission purposes or to test the integration before making it public.
Before you start
- You must be an admin in both Lattice and Slack to integrate with the Lattice Slack App.
- To learn more about the functionality of the Lattice Slack App, check out Integrate with Slack.
Integrate with a private channel
- Create a private channel in Slack.
- Set up the Slack integration in Lattice.
- Under Communication Integrations, input the private Slack channel name under the tools you want to feed into the channel.
- If you don't want to receive notifications for a specific tool, leave the channel textbox empty.
- To make tool-specific Slack channel feeds, add a different channel for each tool.
- To invite the Lattice Slackbot within the channel, type @lattice into the Slack channel and send.
- Slackbot will send a confirmation message - Confirm by selecting Invite them to join.
Invite your organization
When you are ready to invite the rest of your organization to Lattice in Slack, create a new public channel, update the channel's name on your Lattice Integrations page, and then invite your employees to the Slack channel.