Please note: This article walks through calibration if Lattice has not included calibrated rating questions in your account yet. Calibrated rating questions do not include scored attributes. For the steps for Calibration V2, check out Calibrated Rating Questions in Review Cycles.
We realize that not all managers score their employees during review cycles in the same way. So, to help the admin make sure that all employees are rated consistently, we have built a scoring calibration tool.
What is Calibration?
During a review cycle, you may notice that scores recorded for each review may vary significantly based on which manager is giving them. Variance in scores typically is due to a difference in interpretation of the scale. In review calibration, a company standard is applied to the scale, and scores are updated to match that standard. Thus, calibration helps ensure that employees being reviewed are all evaluated together on the same scale.
- Add Calibration to a Review Cycle. The first step is to include the calibration step when creating your review cycle.
- Create a calibration group and share the group's review data with calibration contributors. Calibration groups make the calibration process more manageable by segmenting reviewees into groups and giving contributors visibility into scores.
- Calibrate scores directly in Lattice or bulk-update via a CSV.
- End the scoring and calibration phase. Ending calibration allows managers to finalize and share review packets with the reviewees. If their scores were calibrated, reviewees will only have visibility into the calibrated score and will not see what managers scored pre-calibration.
- Analyze scores. Utilize the Results page to view how reviewees were scored pre and post-calibration.