Configuring and managing Custom Roles and permissions
As an admin, you can give granular permissions to a member of your organization so that they can edit and have visibility into specific Lattice tools. Custom roles allow admin access for a specific subset of employees.
Note: To give a user full Lattice admin permissions, follow the steps in Add an Admin in Lattice.
Create a custom role
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Permissions.
- Enter the Custom roles tab.
- Click Create custom role.
- Enter the custom role's Role name.
- Add the Role members that will be given the additional permissions.
- Select the permissions the role owner(s) should have:
- Employee-specific permissions allow role members to impact Lattice for a specific group of users. To see which employees fall under this custom field, click the View employee list button below the filter.
- Global permissions allow role members to impact Lattice for all users.
- Click Save changes.
Types of Permissions
An admin can grant employee-specific permissions for the following tools:
An admin can also grant global permissions that give the custom role owner(s) permission to make a change that affects the whole Platform.
Global permissions can be set for the following tools: