Custom role reviews permissions allow admins to give specific employees admin-like access to the Reviews tool.
There are two types of permissions an admin can set for custom role owners:
- Employee specific: Permissions only apply to the subset of employees that the admin has selected for the role owner. The role member(s) will not have access to the private information of other employees that fall outside of this subset
- Global: Permission will apply to all users
Learn how to configure custom role admin permissions in Set Up Custom Role Admin Permissions.
Employee specific permissions
The Employee specific permissions allows custom role owners to manage reviews for a subset of employees.
1. View employee reviews
The View employee reviews permission allows the custom role owner to view the review cycles that their target group is in.
- Access to review packets
- Access to the review context panel when reviewing a target employee
- Access to the Results page
- Access to any calibration groups for target employees
2. Manage employee reviews
The Manage employee reviews permission gives the custom role owner access to an upcoming, active, or ended review cycle for their target group. However, there are some actions the role owner can take that will impact all employees within the review cycle.
Note: To see a detailed view of the permission and who each action impacts, read Manage Employee Reviews Custom Role.
- Launch a review cycle and send notifications to everyone
In the Peer Nomination phase, permissions include:
- Launch peer selection and send notifications to everyone
- Override peer nominations for their target group
- Remove and add peer approvers for their target group. Peer approvers can be outside their target group.
- Send peer nomination reminders to everyone
- End the peer nomination phase for everyone
In the Reviews phase, permissions include:
- Add a late Reviewee who is in their target group.
- Send reminders to reviewers who are reviewing an employee in the target group.
- Remove a Reviewee who is in their target group.
- Remove a Reviewer who is reviewing an employee in the target group.
- Add a late Reviewer to the cycle for their target group. Reviewers can be outside their target group.
- Change summary writer and packet sharer for their target group. Summary writers can be outside their target group.
- Reopen a review for reviewers who reviewed an employee in their target group.
- End the review cycle for everyone.
- Export review results for their target group
- Includes all permissions in the Administer calibration permission.
In the Share phase, permissions include:
- Share the packet with their target group
- Unshare the packet
- Export review data for their target group
3. Calibrate employee reviews
The Calibrate employee reviews permission gives the custom role owner the ability to manage calibration for their target group.
Note: Custom role owners cannot view, edit or create groups for individuals that you are outside of your target group.
- View all admin-level attributes only within calibration
- Change calibrated scores
- Enter/edit/delete weighted scores
- Create calibration notes
- Create and manage calibration tags
- View custom attributes within the calibration table
- Note: Filtering is limited to default attributes.
4. Administer calibration
This permission gives role owners admin permissions to manage calibration in a review cycle.
- Create/edit/delete calibration groups
- Includes all permissions in Calibrate employee reviews.
The Global Manage review cycles permission allows custom role owners to manage reviews for all users only for review cycles that they create.
- Create review cycles
- Create automated rules
- Manage review cycles created
- Create and view review questions and templates
Note: Custom role owners will have visibility and action power into review cycles they created, including automated rules cycles.
Custom role owner view
The custom role owner will have an admin page they can access by clicking Switch to admin. Within the admin page, they will only see the Reviews tool.