Custom role Updates permissions allow admins to give specific employees admin-like access to the Updates tool.
There are two types of permissions an admin can set for custom role owners:
- Global: Permission will apply to all users
- Targeted: Permissions only apply to the subset of employees that the admin has selected for the role owner. The role member(s) will not have access to the private information of other employees that fall outside of this subset. The role member will have access to view and edit Admin-only attributes for employees in the targeted group.
Learn how to configure custom role admin permissions in Set Up Custom Role Admin Permissions.
The Global permission allows custom role owners to manage Updates for all users.
Manage company settings and see auditing logs
The global Manage company settings and see auditing logs permissions allow custom role owners to customize Updates settings and view reporting for the entire company.
- Enable Updates for your Company
- Turn on Updates for Individuals as an Admin
Change Update Settings for your Company
- Change the cadence of updates
- Turn on or off public updates
- Change default questions
- Turn on or off employee sentiment scores
- View Updates Audit Log
The Targeted permissions allow custom role owners to manage Updates for a subset of employees.
The Manage Updates permission allows the custom role owner to view the updates submitted by their target group. The role owner will not be able to comment on or review these Updates.
- View public and private updates
- Access to the Updates log for their target group
- Access to the Updates Adoption page for their target group
- Delete public and private updates
Note: Public updates for all employees will be visible to the role owner in the Updates log.
Custom role owner view
The custom role owner will have an admin page they can access by clicking Switch to admin. Within the admin page, they will only see the Updates tool.