Org chart reviews use the employee reporting structure to auto-assign self, upward, and manager reviews. Peer reviews are conducted by selecting reviewers through a nomination process.
Learn more in Select Review Directions in an Org Chart Review.
Configure peer reviews
- Navigate to your review cycle.
- Navigate to Configuration > Peer review.
- Select a review template using the drop-down menu. You can use filters to filter by template tags.
- Select one of the peer reviewer nomination options.
- [Optional] Select any desired options in the Advanced Settings.
- Choose what deliverables will be shared with direct reports within their review packet.
- Once you have selected your peer review settings, continue setting up your review cycle and create.
Finally, learn how to manage and administer peer selection.
Peer reviewer nomination options
Choose from these options to determine who can nominate peer reviewers:
- Only managers can nominate peer reviews for their direct reports: Managers will nominate peers on behalf of their direct reports during the Peer Selection phase. Direct reports will not have visibility into the peers that were nominated until the review packet with peer reviews is shared, if given visibility.
- Reviewees nominate their peer reviews, and managers can approve or select new peer reviewers for their direct reports: Reviewees will nominate peers to review them during the Peer Selection phase. Nominations will go to managers who can approve or override them. Direct reports will not have visibility into the final approved peers until the review packet with peer reviews is shared, if given visibility.
Select any desired options in the Advanced Settings:
- Limit number of peer nominations reviewees can request: Limit the number of peer reviewers that managers or reviewees can choose. Learn more about restricting peer nominations in Peer Selection Limits Within a Review Cycle.
- Allow reviewers to decline peer nominations: Allow employees to decline nominations if they feel they do not have enough context or have not worked closely with the reviewee. Learn more about enabling employees to decline reviews in Enabling Reviewers to Decline Peer Reviews in Review Cycles.
Share the reviewee's self review with their reviewers: Allow peer reviewers to view the submitted self review for their reviewee to help provide additional context for their review responses.
- Note: This setting is uneditable after launch. For more information, see Editing the Settings of an Active Review Cycle.
If reviewees can nominate their own peers, you'll see additional Advanced options:
- Allow employees to review their peers without a peer nomination: Employees can nominate themselves to review peers they have worked closely with. The reviewee's manager will need to approve this nomination. Learn more about employees nominating themselves in Allowing Employees to Nominate Themselves to Review Their Peers.
- Allow employees to start drafting reviews during peer selection: Allow review participants to start drafting their self and downward reviews during peer selection. Participants will be able to submit their review once the writing phase has begun.
Choose what will be shared with direct reports within their review packet. The options include:
- Share all feedback with reviewers' names attached: Reviewees will have visibility into all feedback their peers submitted about them, along with the names of each peer attached to the feedback.
- Share all feedback, but with reviewers' comments anonymized: Reviewees will have visibility into all feedback their peers submitted about them; however, all feedback will be labeled anonymous.
- Only share feedback with the reviewee's manager with reviewers' names attached: Reviewees will not receive any feedback their peers submitted about them. Instead, all feedback and the name of the peer who wrote it will be visible to the reviewee's manager.
- Only share feedback with the reviewee's manager with reviewers' comments anonymized: Reviewees will not receive any feedback their peers submitted about them. Instead, all feedback will be visible to the reviewee's manager and labeled as anonymous.