A guide to integrating your ADP account with Lattice
When you integrate ADP with Lattice:
- We automatically sync your employees from ADP
- We mirror your reporting structure from what's in ADP
- When employee data changes in ADP, resyncing will update Lattice with those changes
- We can sync custom attributes from ADP to Lattice
What employee information will come over to Lattice from ADP? If synced, Lattice will pull the following information from ADP:
- External ID
- Job Title
- Preferred Name
- Start Date (not public to employees)
- Manager ID
- Manager Email
- Phone number
Before you start
- You must have ADP Workforce Now (U.S.) or TotalSource. The integration will not work with the TotalSource Core (legacy product) or ADP Workforce Now (Canada).
- ADP Charges $30 per month upon activating the integration.
- Ensure all your employee data in ADP Workforce Now is accurate. When you integrate, ADP will become your source of truth for user profile information and reporting relationships, so make sure everything is updated before you kick the integration off.
- If you need to disconnect the ADP integration at any time, you will be presented with two options with which to disconnect: now and future date.
- If you choose to disconnect the integration now, ADP will charge a $360 integration fee to reconnect.
- If you choose to disconnect the integration for a future date, ADP will charge a $360 integration fee to reconnect after the future date set when disconnecting.
- Custom attributes in ADP must be added to the Personal Profile section before they can be pulled into Lattice. Custom attributes in other sections will not sync over.
- Ensure employee email addresses are listed under Work Email.
Purchase Lattice connector
- In Lattice, navigate to Admin > Account Settings > Integrations.
- Click on ADP > Go to ADP Marketplace.
- Click Buy now for the Lattice connector.
- Under Additional Information, enter your Lattice subdomain. The subdomain is the first portion of the URL. For example, if your Lattice URL were microsoft.latticehq.com, you'd enter "microsoft."
- Complete the order with your credit card information. After completion, you will see an option to Go To My Apps where you can see Lattice in your Applications section.
Optional: Add IT Admin users
As an optional step, you can add IT admins directly from ADP. IT admins in Lattice can administer the integrations and SSO.
- In ADP, navigate to the My Apps section of your ADP Apps portal.
- Within the Lattice app icon, click on the gear > Assign Users.
- Add or remove IT admin users from the Lattice app.
ADP has the option to:
- Auto-sync your employees nightly (this will happen at 12 am PST)
- Sync manually by clicking the blue Sync button
If you choose to auto-sync nightly, you will always have the option to sync manually during the day if needed.
To make changes to users in Lattice that don't exist in your ADP instance once ADP has been integrated, export the employee CSV, update the employee's fields, and re-upload the CSV. Learn more in Mass Updating Employees by CSV.
Once integrated, ADP can be used for SSO to force employees to access Lattice by logging into ADP. Learn more in Set up SSO with ADP.
The ADP import log
The import log contains information about each sync, including any errors that prevented the sync from occurring.
Learn more about the Import Log.