How to use the Lattice CSV upload to mass update employee user attributes
Admins can populate or update custom attributes in Lattice via CSV or edit an employee's profile directly.
Before you start
- Before updating your custom attributes in Lattice, you first need to create them in Lattice. Learn how to create a custom attribute by checking out Managing Custom User Attributes.
- Changing an email address has to be done manually in Lattice for each employee (not in a CSV). Making this change in a CSV will result in brand new accounts once uploaded.
- Only total admins in Lattice can update user attributes via CSV. Users with custom roles must update attributes directly in employee profiles.
Notes on upload behavior
If the CSV uploaded contains a field as a column, and some rows have empty values, the previous field value for those users will be removed. This does not apply to names, employee email fields, or employee IDs if they are set. For an employee's role, the field will populate with "n/a" if left blank on a CSV. If you only need to add or change one or a few users' details, you can upload a partial .csv that only contains those users' email addresses and attributes (custom and required).
Update Employees via CSV
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Employees.
- Click Export CSV.
- Fill in the proper information for each column and save the updated CSV.
- In Lattice, click Add employees > Upload CSV.
- Click Skip this step to go directly to the importer.
- Click Upload CSV and select the CSV.
- Click Close.