How to use the Lattice CSV upload to mass update employee user attributes
Admins can update employees in Lattice using one of the following methods: bulk updating via CSV or individually editing an employee's profile in the platform. Bulk updating allows admins to update batches of employees at once.
Before you start
- Custom attributes must be created in the platform before an admin can update via CSV. Learn more in Create a Custom User Attribute.
- Changing an email address cannot be done via CSV. Making this change in bulk via CSV will create brand-new accounts instead of updating existing ones. Learn more in Bulk Update Email Addresses.
- Only super admins can update user attributes via CSV. People custom role owners must update attributes within employee profiles.
Notes on upload behavior
- If a previously filled value is removed, the value will also be removed for the employee. This does not apply to already set names, employee email fields, or employee IDs.
- If the Role is left blank, the value will populate with "n/a" on the employee profile.
- If you only need to add or change one or a few users' details, you can upload a partial CSV that only contains those users' email addresses and attributes (custom and required).
Update Employees via CSV
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > Directory.
- Click Export CSV.
- Fill in the proper information for each column and save the updated CSV.
- In Lattice, click Add employees > Upload CSV.
- Click Skip this step to go directly to the importer.
- Click Upload CSV and select the CSV.
- Click Close.