Custom user attributes help users filter data within Lattice based on a specific attribute. Admins can create new attributes manually or via CSV import, SFTP, SCIM, or HRIS.
Common user attributes include:
- Salary band (60k - 80k, 80k-100k, 100k-120k, 120k+)
- Office location (SF, New York, Dublin)
- Business unit
- Job level
- Gender (for Engagement survey only)
Before you start
- CSV imports can add 2000 values to a specific custom attribute. Manually created attributes are limited to 200 values.
- If a user does not have visibility into the custom attribute, the attribute and its value will not appear within any employee profile.
- Custom attributes are a great way to add an additional filter to Lattice analytics. However, our default grouping in reporting is based on our default department and manager attributes, not custom ones. Therefore, we recommend relying on custom attributes to assign reporting structure and using the department and manager attributes.
Create a user attribute
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > User attributes.
- Click Create custom attribute.
- Choose an attribute type:
- Multiple choice
- Give your attribute a name.
- Set the custom attribute visibility. Options include:
- Admin only: only admins can view the attribute
- Admin + manager: only admins and the employee's manager can view the attribute
- Admin + manager + employee: only admins, the employee's manager, and the employee can view the attribute
- Everyone: all users can view the attribute
- Click Add attribute.
Next, assign attributes to employees via employee profile or CSV import.