If historical goals exist in a different system and must be added to Lattice, admins can upload them using a CSV directly on the platform. The upload associates employees with their assigned goals using their unique email addresses as an identifier.
Before you start
- Goals will be uploaded as ended. If you want to continue adding progress to these goals, upload them as active goals.
- Historical goals will be considered unclassified when uploaded. If you want to classify the goals as objectives or key results, they must be reactivated after uploading.
- If anything in the CSV does not match or if there is any error, none of these historical goals will be uploaded into the system. You will have to double-check the CSV and re-upload accordingly.
- Lattice does not notify goal owners after a goal associated with them has been uploaded.
Upload Historical Goals
- Navigate to Admin > Goals > Settings.
- Under Import, select Import ended Goals.
- Select Download template to download the ended Goals template and complete it.
- Click Upload CSV and add the CSV.
The template uploaded into Lattice must meet the following requirements:
Owner email: The goal owner's email address must match the user's current email address within Lattice.
- Note: There can only be one goal owner for each goal when uploading. However, once uploaded, you can reactivate the goal and add additional owners.
- Goal name: The title of the goal.
- State: The state of the goal must be incomplete or complete.
- Type: If the goal is a key result, the measurement type for the goal using the values binary, digit, dollar, or percent
- Private: Whether the goal is private to only the goal owner and manager indicated by true or false values. Public goals are visible company-wide.
- Start date: The date the goal started in ISO 8601 yyyy-mm-dd format.
- End date: The date the goal is expected to end in ISO 8601 yyyy-mm-dd format.
- Key results will need to be included as separate goals.
Next, learn how to reactivate an ended goal to make edits.