Tracks set clear expectations for each role within your organization and define what it means for an employee to succeed.
There are three different ways an admin or Grow admin can create a track in Lattice:
- Create from scratch
- Upload from CSV
- Create from template
In this article, we will focus on creating a track from scratch.
Create a track
- Navigate to Admin > Grow > Tracks.
- Select Create track > Create from scratch.
- Name the track and add a description to give the track additional detail.
- Select Create track.
Add competencies to your track
Once the track has been created, you can add competencies created beforehand or create a new one from scratch within the track itself.
- Click on the plus (+) next to the Competencies header in the top-left corner.
- Select Add competency.
- The competency modal will appear.
- If the competency has already been created, select the competency from the dropdown.
- If you want to use one of our pre-created competencies, click Lattice and choose a competency from the Competency Library.
- Create a new competency by entering a new name in the search bar. Add a description for additional detail.
- Select + Add [Competency] to [Track name] track.
- (Optional) Add competency themes to help organize your competencies within related groups in your track.
Add levels to the track
Levels help define progress for employees by setting expectations for each competency.
- Within the track, select + Create a track level.
- Name the level and add a description.
- Add expectations to each level for all competencies. These can be formatted using bullet points, paragraphs, or a list.
- Click out of the expectation field to save.
Once you have created your levels, the next step is to assign your employees to your track and publish.