Sync your company's UKG Pro employee information with Lattice
If your company uses UKG Pro for HCM, your organization can enable a ready-made integration to create and update UKG Pro employee records in Lattice. To sync your Lattice account with UKG, you must be an admin in both Lattice and UKG Pro.
What employee information will come over to Lattice from UKG Pro?
If synced, Lattice will pull the following information from UKG Pro:
- Preferred full name
- Preferred display name
- HRIS full name
- External User ID
- Email address
- Phone number
- Job title (if empty, job description)
UKG Pro "Supervisor" field value is synced to Lattice "manager" field and UKG Pro Organization Level with code "Dept" and description "Department" are synced to Lattice as "department".
Note: The UKG Organization level must be set to the code "Dept" and description "Department" PRIOR to implementation. If this is not the case for your UKG account, please reach out to your UKG contact to edit the Organization Level. Learn more in Lattice Department Attribute.
Lattice will also allow you to import custom attributes from UKG.
Step 1: Setup a UKG Pro Service account
The prerequisite to connecting a UKG Pro account with a Lattice account is creating a new service account in UKG. A service account allows the Lattice account to fetch employee data from the UKG Pro account.
Follow the steps below to create service account credentials and enable view access to the integration web service:
- Sign in to UKG Pro using your administrator credentials.
- Navigate to System Configuration > Service Account Administration.
- Select the add (+) button atop the right side of the page to create a Service Account.
- Create a username and password for this service account and enter a valid email address.
- Under Web Service, check the box to specify the permission types (Add/Edit/Update/View/) the account can access.
The integration will require View permissions in each:
- View role for the Personnel Integration
- View role for the Company Configuration Integration
- View role for the Employee Person Details
- Select the Save icon atop the page.
- UKG will display a new password for the service account. Be sure to store this password right away and in a secure location. The password will only display once, so a new one will need to be generated for this service account if it is lost or forgotten.
- Select Ok.
- Navigate to System Configuration > Web services.
- Copy and store the Customer API key and Business Intelligence web service endpoint domain for the next step of enabling the integration.
Note: Do not copy the entire web service URL. Instead, only copy the domain. For example, the domain for http://Servicet.ultipro.com/services/BIDataService would be Servicet.ultipro.com.
- Note: Do not copy the entire web service URL. Instead, only copy the domain. For example, the domain for http://Servicet.ultipro.com/services/BIDataService would be Servicet.ultipro.com.
Step 2: Connect Lattice to the UKG Pro Service account
- Login to Lattice.
- Navigate to Admin > Account settings > Integrations.
- Select the UKG Pro integration.
- Enter the following information:
- UKG Pro domain
- Customer API key
- UKG Service Account Username
- UKG Service Account Password
- Select the employee type to import: Part Time employees, Full time employees, or both. Employees can only be pulled into Lattice based on employee type.
- Select Connect.
Step 3: Map user custom attributes
You can create new configured fields on various domain model classes and map them to Lattice fields. The custom fields need to be in the Configured Fields section of the following classes (under System Configuration > Platform Configuration > Classes)
What Data Types are accepted?
- The following data types will import as Multiple Choice attributes: Business Rule*, Hyperlink, Phone Number, Text, and Unique ID.
- These data types will import as Number attributes: Decimal, Integer, Money, Percentage, US Dollars, Whole Number.
- We cannot import these field types to custom attributes: Date, Date and Time, Time, True/False.
Note: Lattice will fetch the code value and not the description for platform configuration Business Rules.
Once custom fields have been created in UKG Pro, you can import custom attributes from UKG and map it to Lattice user custom attributes.
Lattice department attribute
Department is not a fixed standard attribute in UKG Pro but can be entered as an Organization Level in UKG Pro. This will make the department data visible in the employee details, allowing Lattice to sync those department values with employee record processing.
To ensure that Lattice syncs a department value for employees:
- In UKG Pro, navigate to System Configuration > System Settings > Display.
- Add an Organization Level with the following information:
- Code: Dept
- Description: Department
Today, UKG has the option to:
- Auto-sync your employees nightly (this will happen at 12 am PST)
- Sync manually by clicking the blue Sync button
Even if you choose to auto-sync nightly, you will always have the option to sync manually during the day if needed.
Note: Before enabling the automatic sync or performing a manual sync, ensure you have mapped UKG custom attributes to Lattice custom attributes.
After the first sync
Lattice will create a user for each user fitting the criteria you selected and set their name, title, email, and manager.
Once you're ready, invite all users to Lattice via email by navigating to Admin > People > Employees > Created > Invite All Users.
UKG Pro allows a single person to have multiple employment records, with one employment record being active and the other inactive. When a person has multiple employment records, Lattice will fetch the employment record with the most recent Date in job date.
The UKG import log
The import log contains information about each sync, including any errors that prevented the sync from occurring.
Learn more about the Import Log.