If you are receiving errors during an SFTP sync, please refer to the notes below to ensure the file is set up correctly. For more information on managing your SFTP sync, please refer to the Import Log.
In the CSV file sent to Lattice (file should be UTF-8 encoded), each row MUST have these columns:
- Manager Email (Note: for CEO’s or company heads, you should leave this field blank)
In the CSV file you upload, each row MAY have these additional columns as well as custom attributes you’d like to sync:
- Start date (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Birthdate (YYYY-MM-DD)
- Gender (Male, Female, Non-binary)
- Phone number (293-191-9203)
- Make sure file headers match the attribute names in Lattice
- Make sure custom attributes you are syncing from your HRIS have been created in Lattice first, and headers match
- Make sure users have a status that is either “active” or “terminated”
- Make sure all employees have an email address populated
Error: Invalid opening quote
If an invalid opening quote error appears in the first two rows of the CSV, but the other rows have imported successfully, you likely have an encoding issue. Check and remove to see if an invalid character can be found between the header row and your first employee row.
Note, if you're using the FTP client WinSCP, please disable the setting to enable transfer resume/transfer to temporary filename in order to guarantee successful uploads.