Before you start
- Add talking points
- Navigating the 1:1 context panel
- Shared and private notes
- Action items
- View past 1:1s
Using your agenda
To enter the 1:1 agenda with your manager, navigate to Home > Plan 1:1s > Select manager –OR– People > My profile > 1:1s > Select manager.
Add talking points
All 1:1 participants can add talking points to an agenda, including the direct report.
- To add your own talking points to the agenda, under Agenda, click into Add talking point, add your item, and click Add.
- If you need inspiration, and if enabled, you can navigate through and select a Lattice Recommended talking point. To add a recommended talking point, navigate under Recommended for you, shuffle through recommendations, and select Add to agenda. For a list of the recommended talking points, check out Direct Report Recommended Talking Points.
- Use the 1:1 context panel to navigate through your most recent update and growth areas and include them as talking points in your agenda. Your manager will have visibility to a similar context panel with your past events within their agenda.
Additionally, you will be able to complete the following actions:
- Remove talking points you or your manager have added
- Comment on talking points
- Add incomplete items from previous 1:1s to the agenda
- Mark talking points as complete
- Rearrange talking points
- Add shared notes
- Add private notes
Navigating the 1:1 context panel
When you enter a 1:1, you will also see a context panel on the right-hand side of the screen. Here, you will be able to view your past activity. This activity is also viewable from your manager's end; however, it will not be visible for 1:1s with non-manager participants.
Check out Navigate 1:1s as a Manager for more information on manager visibility in 1:1s.
Please note: This activity will vary depending on the tools that your manager and your admin have enabled for you.
- Active growth areas (if applicable). Selecting View growth plan will take you to your growth plan to view your growth areas in greater detail.
- Active goals. This section lists the goals you are an owner of. Selecting a goal will take you to the goal's details page.
- Past events. Past events included any submitted notes to self you have submitted and your past feedback, past updates, and goals.
The context panel can be hidden by clicking the arrow on its left-hand side.
During your meeting
Two hours before the 1:1 meeting, both the manager and the direct report will get an email outlining what's on the agenda so that they can prepare for the meeting.
You can check off, comment, and add additional talking points during the meeting. After the meeting concludes, the manager will receive an email asking them to check off which items were discussed, push items that weren't covered to the next meeting, and record any notes.
Shared and private notes
Notes can be left as both public and private. Your manager and admin can see shared notes. Private notes will only be seen by the person writing the private note. Shared notes sync almost immediately, which means your manager can see what you have written in real-time!
Action items are tasks that should be followed up on before the next meeting. You can add and assign action items to yourself or your manager. To learn more, read 1:1 Action Items.
View past 1:1s
You can view past 1:1 agendas with your manager by selecting the calendar icon and choosing a date from the dropdown.