How to use agenda items in 1:1s as an employee
The 1:1s tool allows employees to collaborate on a shared agenda for in-person meetings with your manager or peer. To enter a 1:1 agenda, navigate to 1:1s > Select your manager or peer.
Note: The first step to using Lattice 1:1s is to set up a meeting with your manager or peer. For 1:1 best practices, check out Lattice Library's How Employees Can Prepare for a One-on-One Meeting with Their Manager.
This article covers the following topics:
- Add talking points
- Navigating the 1:1 context panel
- During your meeting
- Shared and private notes
- Action items
- View past 1:1s
Add talking points
All 1:1 participants can add talking points to an agenda.
- To add your talking points to the agenda, click +Add talking point, add your item, and click Add.
- Apply 1:1 agenda templates with preset talking points you or your account admin have created by clicking Add conversation starter > 1:1 template. Learn more in Create a 1:1 Agenda Template.
- If you need inspiration, navigate through and select a Lattice Recommended talking point. To add a recommended talking point, navigate under Recommended for you, shuffle through recommendations, and select Add to agenda. For a list of the recommended talking points, check out Direct Report Recommended Talking Points.
- Use the 1:1 context panel to navigate through your most recent update and growth areas and include them as talking points in your agenda. Your manager will have visibility to a similar context panel with your past events within their agenda.
Additionally, you can complete the following actions:
- Remove talking points
- Comment on talking points
- Add incomplete items from previous 1:1s to the agenda
- Mark talking points as complete
- Rearrange talking points
Navigating the 1:1 context panel
The context panel on the left-hand side of the 1:1 agenda includes all of your past activities. Managers can view your activity within the agenda, however, non-managers will only be able to view their own activity.
- Active growth areas (if applicable). Selecting View growth plan will take you to your growth area to view your growth areas in greater detail.
- Active goals. This section lists the goals you are an owner of. Selecting a goal will take you to the goal's details page.
- Past events. Past events included notes to self you have submitted and your past feedback, past updates, and goals.
The context panel can be hidden by clicking the arrow on its left-hand side.
During your meeting
Two hours before the 1:1 meeting, both 1:1 participants will get an email outlining what's on the agenda to prepare for the meeting.
During the meeting, you can check off, comment, and add additional talking points. After the meeting concludes, you will receive an email asking to check off which items were discussed, push items that weren't covered to the next meeting, and record any notes.
Shared and private notes
Notes can be left as both public and private. Your manager and admin can see shared notes. Private notes will only be seen by the person writing the private note. Shared notes sync almost immediately, which means your manager can see what you have written in real-time under the [Employee]'s shared notes section.
Action items are tasks that should be followed up on before the next meeting. You can add and assign action items to yourself or your manager. To learn more, read 1:1 Action Items.
View past 1:1s
You can view past 1:1 agendas with your manager by selecting the calendar icon and choosing a date from the dropdown.