The Lattice Slack app helps streamline the 1:1 process by allowing users to add talking points directly from Slack. We make it easy to maintain your agenda without having to leave one of the tools you use most.
Before you start
A Lattice admin must first integrate the Lattice Slack app with your company Slack instance. For the step-by-step process to integrating the Lattice Slack app, check out Company Integration with Slack.
This article contains the following topics:
- Navigate to the Lattice Slack App
- Add 1:1 talking points
- Option 1: Add talking points via the Lattice Slack Bot
- Option 2: Add talking points via message action in any Slack channel or direct message
Navigate to the Lattice Slack App
There are two places in Slack you can access the Lattice app:
1. Start a direct message with Lattice.
2. Under Apps, select Lattice to open the app and begin a direct message.
Note: The Lattice app will not appear under Apps until you receive your first Lattice notification.
Add 1:1 talking points
The Lattice Slack app allows you to add conversations from any channel or direct message directly to your 1:1 agenda as a talking point.
Please note the following when adding talking points from Slack:
- You can add any message to a 1:1 agenda, no matter the sender
- You can only add talking points to agendas where a relationship already exists
- Hyperlinks in Slack will appear as the full link URL in your agenda.
Option 1: Add talking points via the Lattice Slack Bot
Step 1: Start a direct message with Lattice.
Step 2: Type Help for a list of Lattice actions or type Talking Point to immediately be taken to the 1:1 action.
Step 3: Select New 1:1 talking point––A modal will appear.
Step 4: Under What do you want to talk about?, add your talking point and select the user you want to discuss it with from the dropdown menu.
Step 5: Select Submit.
Option 2: Add talking points via message action in any Slack channel or direct message
Step 1: In Slack, select the ellipsis (...) to the right of the message you wish to include as a talking point.
Step 2: Select Add as 1:1 talking point in Lattice.
Step 3:Under What do you want to talk about?, add your talking point and select the user you want to discuss it with from the dropdown menu.
Step 4: Select Submit.