We understand that each organization sets up their review cycles differently. Before diving into configuring your review cycle, take a couple of minutes to answer the questions below to give you a better understanding of what you want your review cycle to look like.
- What will your review cycle be named? Typically this includes the date and a short description of the review (E.g., Annual 360 Review 2018)
- Who will receive feedback in the review Cycle? Everyone or just Specific Employees? These will be the people receiving a review packet at the end of the cycle.
- Will all individuals be reviewed using the same questions? What questions will people be answering?
Reviewers and Review Settings
Who will be writing reviews? What questions will each type of reviewer complete?
- Will employees write self reviews?
- Will direct reports write reviews about their managers?
- Will employees write reviews about their peers?
- Will managers write reviews about their direct reports?
- Who will select the peers?
- Is there a maximum number of peers someone can request to review them? Note - this will not stop one person from being chosen more than the maximum. This just sets limits for how many people one person can nominate to review them.
- Can employees reject peer review requests?
- Can employees self nominate to write a peer review?
- Can employees start drafting their other reviews while selecting their peers?
- Should managers have visibility into reviews written about their direct reports before the manager completes their own review?
- If yes, would you like managers to wait until all reviews are completed about their direct report before they can submit their own?
- A final summary allows the manager to summarize any last thoughts or take notes during the meeting where they share feedback with the employee. Do you have a preference on how you would like managers to use this (if at all)?
- Do you do any internal rating today for employees?
- Do employees have visibility into those ratings? (Should rating questions be set to private?)
- Do you have meetings with managers to calibrate those scores?
- Should employees be provided an overall weighted score?
- What level of visibility would you like employees to have when they receive their review packet from their manager? (Should employees see all reviews with names attached, should they see their scores, etc.)
- Would you like Lattice to automatically run through each phase of the review cycle on its own?