Incorporating a project-based review process helps organizations assess performance outside of the traditional reporting structure and instead review within a project team.
This article covers the following topics:
- Before you start
- Create a project-based review
- Conduct a review with a project lead
- Conduct a review without a project lead
Before you start
To run a project-based review, you will need to enable this feature by following the Enabling Project-Based Reviews. Please note, project-based reviews are isolated. Therefore, additional peer reviewers cannot be added.
Create a project-based review
Step 1: Navigate to Admin > Reviews > Auditing.
Step 2: Select Create cycle.
Step 3: Select the Project-based review type.
Option 1: Conduct a project-based review with a project lead
If the project team includes a project lead, you may want to conduct a full 360 review where:
- The project lead gives downward feedback (reviews the team members)
- Team members give upward feedback (review their project lead)
- All team members review each other (peer review each other)
To set up this type of project-based review, search and select the team leader. Then, add all of the project team members.
Project lead review visibility
Option 2: Conduct a project-based review without a project lead
If there is no project lead, you may want to conduct a project-based review based solely on peer and self feedback only. In this review:
- Team members can review themselves (self-review)
- Team members each review each other (peer feedback).
To set up this type of review cycle, select No, this project-based review is for peer and/or self feedback only. Then add all team members.
The next stages of the project-based review cycle setup are similar to those of the classic review cycle! Learn more in Create a Review Cycle.