Setting up the Workday integration using SFTP
Creating an EIB Integration using SFTP
Creating the Custom Report and setting up permissions
- Create Custom Report in Workday and enable it as Web Service (Advanced Tab)
- Add any sorting or filtering. Also, update the Column Heading Override section, add the name of the attribute as it appears in Lattice to ensure the appropriate attributes are updated. For example, the 'Hire Date' column heading override must be 'Start Date'. Please make sure to check the correct field based on your Workday setup, as the image below is an example setup.
- Create Integration System User using the Create Integration System User task in Workday. Add this ISU to an existing integration system security group (ISSG) or create a new one.
- Using the Maintain Password Rules task, add this ISU account to the System Users exempt from password expiration list
- Update the relevant domain security policies giving the security group access to Get integration permissions
- Activate pending security policy changes
- Share the report with authorized users, including the ISSG/ISU
Creating the EIB Integration
- Using the Create EIB task, create the EIB (integration)
- Choose Name -> Select Outbound
- Under General Settings, enter a unique ID if you choose and a description.
- On the Get Data tab, choose the custom report as the Data Source Type and choose the Custom report you created.
- On the Transform tab, choose New Custom Report Report Transformation. It will default the name to the name of the custom report + date transformation was created.
- On the deliver tab, add the file name (making sure to end the file name with .csv), type, and document retention policy for the Workday attachment. Create a Sequence Generator for the filename (if desired) and restrict Workday attachment to specific environments.
- Click OK/Done.
- After the EIB is created, you may need to update the transformation to name the fields according to agreed-upon names with Lattice. The transformation can be configured by going to the Actions button from the integration system name, then Enterprise Interface-> Configure Transformation.
- If updates are made to the fields after the custom report is made, you will need to create a new transformation for these changes to be processed on the next export.