To connect Workday to Lattice, you will need:
- To configure the reports as Advanced type reports to enable web service access
- You must be a Lattice super or IT admin
Once you activate the integration, the information automatically syncs from Workday to Lattice daily.
Step 1: Create a new user
- Log in to your Workday account.
- Create a new Integration System User to download reports. Lattice uses the Integration System User to access Custom Reports.
Step 2: Create security group
- In the Create Security Group window, set the Type of Tenanted Security Group to Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained).
- Enter a Security Group Name and click OK.
- In the Edit Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained) window, add the integration system user you created in Step 1 in the Integration System Users field.
- Click OK.
Step 3: Add domain security policies
Navigate to Security Group Settings > Maintain Domain Permissions for Security Group.
In the Integration Permissions window, permit the domain security policies to have Get access. For example, you must permit the following for the Workers business object:
- Person Data: Name
- Person Data: Personal Data
- Person Data: Work Contact Information
- Worker Data: Workers
- Worker Data: All Positions
- Worker Data: Current Staffing Information
- Worker Data: Public Worker Reports
- Worker Data: Employment Data
- Worker Data: Organization Information
- TIP: You will see an alert. You must activate the security policy changes.
- Click OK and then click Done.
Step 4: Activate security policy changes
- Navigate to the Activate Pending Security Policy Changes page and click OK.
- Click Confirm to activate.
Step 5: Create custom report
- On the Create Custom Report page, enter the Report Name.
- In the Report Type drop-down menu, select Advanced.
- Select the Enable as Web Service option.
- Add Data Source. Add the fields you want to sync. The following are required fields for the integration:
|Object||Field||Column Heading Override XML Alias|
|Worker||Preferred Name - First Name||First_Name|
|Worker||Preferred Name - Last Name||Last_Name|
|Worker||Email - Primary Work|
|Worker||Phone - Primary Work||Phone_Number|
Custom attributes can also be synced over. The following is required when pulling in custom attributes:
- Ensure this attribute already exists within Workday. The name of the attribute in Lattice should match the name of the attribute in Workday exactly.
- The attributes you can pull into Lattice from Workday must correspond to the types of user attributes that Lattice currently supports.
- Lattice offers multiple-choice, relationship, and numeric ranges as user attributes. The fields pulled in from Workday will be limited to these specific user attributes in Lattice. These user attributes may be named differently within Workday.
Step 6: Add authorized user to report
In the custom report's Share tab, add the user you created in Step 1 in the Authorized Users field.
Step 7: Finish custom report configuration
- In the custom report’s Advanced tab, share each report to Report-as-a-WebService.
- For the custom report, navigate to Actions > Web Service -> View URLs.
- Make a note of the REST URL: right click and copy the URL for the Workday XML REST type