Common user attributes include:
- Salary band (60k - 80k, 80k-100k, 100k-120k, 120k+)
- Office location (SF, New York, Dublin)
- Business unit
- Job level
Before you start
- CSV imports can add 2000 values to a specific custom attribute. Manually created attributes are limited to 200 values.
- If a user does not have visibility into the custom attribute, the attribute and its value will not appear within any employee profile.
Create a user attribute
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > User attributes.
- Click Create custom attribute.
- Choose an attribute type:
- Give your attribute a name.
- Set the custom attribute visibility. Options include:
- Admin only: only admins can view the attribute
- Admin + manager: only admins and the employee's manager can view the attribute
- Admin + manager + employee: only admins, the employee's manager, and the employee can view the attribute
- Everyone: all users can view the attribute
- Click Add attribute.