Sometimes, downloaded CSV files can show converted characters (e.g., dashes '-' turn into Äî). This happens when your default application to open a CSV file is Microsoft Excel which sets your setting to Macintosh format instead of UTF-8.
There are two ways to ensure your file opens in UTF-8:
- Convert the file to UTF-8 in Mac Excel
- Open the file in Google Sheets
Option 1: Convert to UTF-8 in Mac Excel
- Download the desired CSV in Lattice.
- Create a New file.
- Navigate to File > Import > CSV File.
- Select the downloaded file and select Get Data.
- For the data type, select Delimited.
- For the file origin, select Unicode (UTF-8).
- Add Comma as Delimiter and select Finish.
Option 2: Open in Google Sheets
- Download the Calibration CSV.
- Within Google Sheets, navigate to File > Import > Upload.
- Drag the downloaded file into the uploader.
- Click Import data.