When you enable Direct Report (Upward Feedback) templates in a review cycle, reviewers are automatically assigned based on your org chart. If a manager is included as a reviewee, all of their direct reports will be prompted to write an upward review about them.
Admins can exclude recent hires from completing upward reviews based on their "Start date" user attribute using the steps below.
Note: Direct reports do not need to be included in the cycle as reviewees in order to be assigned as reviewers.
- Navigate to the Admin page > Reviews > Performance reviews.
- Select to Create cycle.
- In the Setup, navigate to the Reviewers section, toggle on Upward Feedback and assign a template in the drop-down menu that appears. Select to Save & continue.
- In the Review settings section, check the box to Only allow reports to give feedback... beneath the Upward reviews heading.
- Select the desired start date you would like to filter upward reviews by in the Select date menu.
- Once configured as desired, select to Save & continue.