Numeric range custom attributes allow admins to capture values in ranges (e.g Salary Range, Days in the Company).
Before you start
- Numeric ranges have to be whole numbers and define a field as ranges.
- The ranges work so the low range is included, but the higher range is excluded. For example, if you have a numerical range from "0 to 5", the first range will include numbers "0, 1, 2, 3, and 4" but will exclude the number 5. The next range will include the number 5.
Create a numeric range
- Navigate to Admin > Settings > People > User attributes.
- Click Create custom attribute.
- Choose Number as the attribute type.
- Give your attribute a name.
- Select the visibility for the attribute.
- Admin only: Only admins will be able to see the custom attribute
- Admin + manager: Managers will be able to see the custom attribute value for their direct reports.
- Admin + manager + employee: Employees will be able to see their own value for the custom attribute
- Everyone: Everyone will be able to see each other's values to the custom attribute
- Configure the ranges for the attribute. Add any additional ranges by clicking + Add a range.
- Click Add attribute.
- Assign the attribute range value to users within the employee profile or in bulk via CSV.