Managers can create, view, edit, and update direct report growth areas.
Before you start
- Managers can create a growth area for a direct report even if they have yet to be assigned to a track.
- Lattice will send an automatic reminder via email, Slack, and/or Teams (based on user preference) to complete any growth area actions one week before the due date.
- Growth areas are auto-saved and marked as a draft if not published. Drafted growth areas will not be visible to anyone until it is published.
Create a growth area for a direct report
- Navigate to My team and select the direct report's name to be taken to their profile.
- Enter the Grow tab.
- Next to Growth Areas, click Add.
- Give the growth area a Title and include a Description of what the report needs to accomplish to improve upon the growth area.
- (Optional) Add competency to the growth area by selecting a competency within the report's track or another published track.
- Note: If given visibility by an admin, you can view other tracks within your company. Learn more in Grow Visibility Settings.
- Select the duration of focus for the area under the Growth period.
- Note: The growth period is not a hard deadline but a target date for focus.
- (Optional) Add a review response that ties to the growth area. Learn more in Link a Review Response to Your Growth Area.
- Add actions with due dates that the direct report should complete.
- Click Share.