How to give/receive/log & view feedback with the Lattice Feedback Tool
Continuous feedback is an essential element of any healthy & productive work environment, but often we don't contribute to the feedback loop primarily because of logistics. Luckily, the Lattice feedback feature makes it easy to give, receive and store feedback for future reference.
This article contains the following topics:
- Navigate to the Feedback tool
- To give feedback
- To request feedback
- To leave a Note to self
- Helpful Hints
Navigate to the Feedback tool
Step 1: Navigate to Home > Give and request feedback.
Step 1: Navigate to People > My team > Feedback.
Step 2: Under Feedback, you will have the choice to Give Feedback, Request Feedback, or leave a Note to Self.
To give feedback
- Under Who's the feedback about?, start typing the name of the recipient and the field will auto-populate. (Note, You can select up to ten people to give public feedback to at one time).
- Choose your share settings - manager only (feedback is private and will go directly to an employee's manager), public (feedback is visible to everyone), private (feedback is visible to only the recipient), or private + manager (feedback is only visible to the recipient and their manager).
Under What's your feedback?, write your feedback message in the text box.
If your admin has set up company values, you can associate a value to the feedback before submitting the feedback.
Please note: Your visibility share settings may be different depending on the Feedback settings set by your admin.
To request feedback
Click on the option Request feedback.
Under Who do you want to ask for feedback?, type in the employee's name who you want to ask for feedback.
- Under Who's the feedback about?, type the name of the employee who the feedback is about.
- Select visibility.
- Under What feedback do you want about __?, include a description of what you want the feedback to be about. Please note, if you select to have the feedback as Private + manager, the employee receiving the feedback will have visibility into the description.
Note: If you are a manager, this feedback can only be requested about yourself or someone that is your direct report. Also, be sure to double-check the visibility type of your request. It can't be changed afterward.
To leave a Note to self
Click on the option to create a Note to self.
Under Who's the note about?, start typing the name of the recipient and the field will auto-populate.
Under What do you want to remember for later?, write your note message in the text box & save the note. Note, only you will be able to see this note & it will live in your Lattice account.
[Bonus points] The more notes you can make about your teammates, the easier & more well-rounded review you can give later.
When giving positive feedback, try to be as specific as possible with references to actions. For example, instead of saying, "Great job this week!", try adding more color "Great job this week! I was very impressed with your organization & leadership skills as you onboarded our new hire, Angela."
When giving constructive feedback, try to frame it as an actionable item rather than a direct criticism (and make sure to explain why the feedback is important). For example, "Overall, I thought you did a good job on the X Client meeting this morning. I did notice that your slides were not loaded before the meeting - next time, please make sure everything is set up before to save time. Thanks!"
Any feedback you give or receive will be recorded in your Lattice feed under Feedback which will come in super handy when it's time to complete the review cycle.
Next, learn where to view your team's feedback!