Lattice allows 1:1 participants to add Update comments to an agenda for further discussion. Both employees and managers can do this from the agenda of a 1:1 meeting and the Update response itself.
Note: Updates can only be added to agendas for manager-employee relationships.
Add an update response from the 1:1 agenda
- Navigate to the 1:1 meeting agenda to which you would like to add the Update response.
- In the agenda, select Add conversation starter > Updates responses.
- Choose an update response.
- Lattice will show your own updates in 1:1s with your manager. In 1:1s with a direct report, it will only show their updates.
- Select the update response from the dropdown menu to add a response from the most recent update.
- To add a response from an older update, select View all Updates > select the Update date > Click Add to agenda with [manager].
Add an update response to a 1:1 from the Updates tool
- Navigate to a published update.
- Scroll to the Update question you'd like to add.
- Click Add to agenda with [name]
- You can remove a response from the 1:1 meeting by clicking Remove from agenda with [name].
When you enter your upcoming 1:1 meeting, you will see your Update question on the agenda.
Like other talking points, the Update talking point can be re-ordered in the agenda by clicking and dragging the dots icon and marking complete by checking the box.
Update talking point behaviors
- Update talking points can only be deleted from the agenda by the person who added them.
- If an update answer is edited, that edit will be reflected in the 1:1 with (edited) appearing after the update talking point.
- If you try to delete an update containing a question that has been added as a talking point:
- If the 1:1 is in the past: Lattice will warn you that the update is linked to a talking point, and it will impact 1:1 history when deleted (and then remove the talking point from the historic 1:1 upon deletion)
- If the 1:1 added is in the future: The update talking point will be removed without a warning message