How to set agenda templates in a 1:1 (formerly recurring talking points)
Employees can create customized agenda templates for agenda items they'd like to discuss regularly in their 1:1 relationships. As a manager, this allows you to efficiently plan your 1:1s and is a great way to ensure you're touching base with each of your direct reports about any team-wide projects or initiatives.
Managers can create agenda templates in two ways:
- For their team
- For an individual
Before you start
- Non-managers can create agenda templates in their 1:1s but will not be able to edit an agenda template their manager has created.
- An employee will only be able to edit the agenda templates that they have created.
- Only the creator of the template will be able to view the employees the template is shared with; the direct report cannot view who the template is shared with.
Create an agenda for your team
Note: These steps will only be accessible if you already have created a 1:1 relationship. If you'd like to assign templates first create a relationship and then follow the steps in Creating an agenda template for an individual.
- Navigate to People > My team > 1:1s.
- Select plus (+) > Configure agenda templates.
- Select Create agenda template.
- Fill out the agenda template fields:
- Name: Title of your template
- Agenda: Talking points that will be added to 1:1 agendas the template is assigned to
- Assigned to (Optional): The active 1:1 relationships you'd like to assign the agenda to
- Select Save.
Creating an agenda template for an individual
- On the Home page, select Plan 1:1s.
- Select the 1:1 relationship you'd like to add an agenda template to.
- Within the agenda, select Settings.
- Under Recurring agenda template, choose to assign an already created template from the dropdown.
- (Optional) To create a new agenda template, select add the desired talking points and select Create as template to give the template a name, assign it out to other relationships, and save.
- Select Save.
Note: The Custom template is made up of previously added recurring 1:1 talking points for that specific 1:1 relationship. If you'd like to add additional talking points to the Custom template, add additional recurring talking points and select Create as template.