How to use and set up 1:1 agendas as a manager and schedule these meetings with your direct reports
The 1:1s tool allows managers and employees to collaborate on a shared agenda for in-person meetings. The 1:1 meeting is an opportunity to develop employees' skills and gives the employee a chance to discuss workplace challenges.
To enter a 1:1 agenda for your direct report, navigate to 1:1s > Select your direct report.
This article covers the following topics:
- Add talking points
- Navigating the 1:1 context panel
- Shared and private notes
- Action items
- View past 1:1s
Add talking points
All 1:1 participants can add talking points to an agenda, including the direct report.
- To add your talking points to the agenda, click +Add talking point, add your item, and click Add.
- Apply 1:1 agenda templates with preset talking points you or your account admin have created by clicking Add conversation starter > 1:1 template. Learn more in Create a 1:1 Agenda Template as a Manager.
- If you need inspiration, navigate through and select a Lattice Recommended talking point. To add a recommended talking point, navigate under Recommended for you, shuffle through recommendations, and select Add to agenda. For a list of the recommended talking points, check out Manager Recommended Talking Points.
- Use the 1:1 context panel to navigate through your direct report's most recent update and growth areas and include them as talking points in your agenda.
Navigating the 1:1 context panel
The context panel on the left-hand side of the 1:1 agenda includes all past activities for your direct report. This activity will vary depending on the tools you and your admin have enabled for your direct report.
- Active growth areas (if applicable): Selecting View growth plan will take you to the direct report's growth plan to view their growth areas in greater detail.
- Active goals: This section lists the goals the direct report is an owner of. Selecting a goal will take you to the goal's details page.
- Past events: Past events included any submitted notes to self you have submitted and the direct report's feedback, past updates, and goals.
The context panel can be hidden by clicking the arrow on its left-hand side.
During your meeting
Two hours before the 1:1 meeting, the manager and the direct report will get an email outlining what's on the agenda so they can prepare for the meeting.
During the meeting, you can check off, comment, and add additional talking points. After the meeting concludes, you will receive an email asking to check off which items were discussed, push items that weren't covered to the next meeting, and record any notes.
Shared and private notes
Notes can be left as both public and private. Your direct report and admin can see shared notes. Private notes will only be seen by the person writing the private note. Shared notes sync almost immediately, which means your direct report can see what you have written in real-time under the [Manager's]'s shared notes section.
Action items are tasks that should be followed up on before the next meeting. You can add and assign action items to yourself or the direct report. Learn more in 1:1 Action Items.
View past 1:1s
You can view past 1:1 agendas with your direct report by selecting the calendar icon and choosing a date from the dropdown.