Explaining recommended talking points in 1:1s and how managers can use them
What are recommended talking points?
Recommended talking points are conversation starters for managers to add to their 1:1 meetings with their direct reports. The recommendations are drawn from a list of questions that are proven to drive employee <> manager alignment and improve employee engagement.
Note: Recommended talking points for managers can only be used by managers in 1:1 relationships with their direct reports. Lattice provides direct reports with their own list of recommended talking points, which you can view here.
Turn on recommended talking points
- On your Home page, select Plan 1:1s
- Select a direct report's name to enter the 1:1 relationship
- Select Settings in the meeting modal
- Use the toggle button to enable recommended talking points
Add recommended talking points to your 1:1
When you navigate to your 1:1 for your direct report after following the steps above, you will see the recommended talking points in a box called Suggested talking points beneath the agenda.
From there, you can:
- Select themes (examples include: Belonging, Job Satisfaction, and more) to reveal new questions
- Use the Shuffle button to cycle through the questions in the selected theme
- Use the Add to agenda button to pull the displayed question into your meeting