Admins can add an additional manager reviewer during an active review cycle. This may be helpful if a reviewee has a dotted line manager in addition to a direct manager or if a reviewee has recently changed managers and needs input from both the current and the former manager.
Add a Manager Reviewer
- Navigate to the Admin > Reviews > Performance reviews.
- Click into the review cycle in question.
- Select Reviews from the left navigation.
- Enter the Reviewees or Reviewers tab.
- Find and select the reviewee you would like to add a manager reviewer to.
- In the right context panel, click Edit next to the list of manager reviewers.
- Search for the manager reviewer you would like to add in the text box and select their name.
- Find and select the manager reviewer you would like to assign to a new review.
- In the right context panel, click Edit next to the list of direct reports.
- Search for the direct report you would like the manager to review in the text box and select their name.
- Revieweees tab:
- Hit the Enter key.
- The additional manager reviewer will not have the same visibility as the individual's direct manager. They will not have access to the private feedback or goals of the person they are reviewing unless this permission has been granted using a user relationship attribute.
- The additional manager will be able to view all current reviews for the reviewee and all public feedback and goals.
- Once the additional manager submits their review, this access is removed, and they can only see what they wrote.
- The deliverable settings selected for the direct manager's review will also apply to the additional manager review, so the additional manager reviewer will complete their review simultaneously as the individual's direct manager.
- Pre-calibrated scores from all manager reviewers are visible during calibration, but admins enter only one calibrated score per reviewee.
To change an individual's direct manager during the Review Cycle, see Changing Manager Responsibilities During a Review Cycle.