When setting up a Review Cycle, admins can configure downward reviews to be completed only after all other reviews have been submitted. This setting prevents managers from submitting downward reviews until all self, peer, and upward reviews for their direct reports have been submitted.
To enable this setting:
- Navigate to the Review Cycle
- Click on the Review settings section.
- Under Ordering, select Only after all other reviews are submitted for their direct reports.
If needed, admins can also:
- Remind managers to complete reviews for direct reports.
- Unlock downward reviews early for individual managers or all managers.
When you first launch a review cycle, managers will be notified to participate in the cycle only if they have other reviews to perform (self, peer, or upward reviews). They will not yet be notified to complete downward reviews. Once all the reviews have been submitted for their direct reports, the manager will be notified to complete their manager review.
Home page tasks
Managers will have a task on their Lattice home page to perform reviews. Clicking this will allow managers to begin drafting downward reviews, but they will not be able to submit them yet. The downward review writing page will show a notification banner indicating that other reviews are still in progress.