Job architecture is the framework for understanding roles and their hierarchy within a company. In Lattice, job architecture is a combination of user attributes that determine an employee’s job track and level in Grow and comp band in our Compensation tool.
Job architecture is available as three default user attributes in Lattice:
- Job function
- Job type
- Job level
Learn more in What is Job Architecture?
Before you start
- An admin must first integrate their HRIS with Lattice before they sync with a Lattice attribute.
- You can only sync job architecture to attributes that already exist within your HRIS. Ensure the attribute has already been created in your HRIS before attempting to sync a job architecture default attribute with your HRIS.
- Your account does not need to have Grow or Compensation to be able to sync your HRIS with job architecture.
- Job architecture attributes must have the same name in Lattice and the HRIS to successfully sync over.
Sync job architecture with an HRIS
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > User Attributes.
- Expand the Job architecture attribute section.
- Click on the ellipsis (...) next to the desired job architecture attribute (i.e. job function, job type, or job level) and select Link to [HRIS].
- An attribute modal will appear –– Under HRIS attribute, choose an attribute currently available within your HRIS that will be imported and linked to the desired job architecture default attribute.
- Select Link attribute.
- Complete the same workflow for the other job architecture attributes.
Once job architecture attributes have been synced to your HRIS, employee profiles will be updated with their tied job function, job type, and job level.
Note: Edits to job architecture can only be made within your HRIS which will then sync over to Lattice since the HRIS is considered the source of truth.