The Participants page of a compensation cycle setup allows admins to determine who will be included in the cycle, who will be promoted in the cycle, and confirm performance ratings.
This article includes the following topics:
Participants initially represent all employees. In the table, each participant will have a specific status based on the eligibility rules:
- Eligible: Employees that can receive a comp adjustment in this cycle.
- Ineligible: Employees that did not fit the criteria and will not receive a comp adjustment in this cycle. Ineligible employees will still show up on the tables for context.
- Hidden: Employees that are hidden from the process so they do not appear anywhere. This is most commonly used in cases where someone senior, like a CEO, doesn’t want their compensation to show. Another potential use case is if there are hourly workers who should not be part of this cycle.
As an admin, you will be able to change the Status on the table to override the eligibility rules via the dropdown.
Note: You can adjust individual employee eligibility during the active cycle.
Ratings will show whether or not an employee has a performance rating via a checkmark based on the selection made within the Rules and ratings page.
Promotion indicates which individuals are going to be promoted via this cycle. Promotions can be added via CSV upload by selecting Upload CSV and following the steps below.
Bulk update eligibility or promotions
Admins can make bulk changes to the Participants by uploading a CSV.
To upload a CSV:
- Select Upload CSV.
- Download the Promotion Decision CSV template.
- Optionally, download the prefilled Compensation Bands Reference CSV to use as a reference to assign employees.
- Under the Status column, add whether employees can or cannot receive a comp adjustment by inputting eligible, ineligible, or hidden.
- Under the Promotion Decision (Y/N) column, add promotion decisions by inputting Y or N for each employee.
- Note: New Track, New Level, and New Location are required for employees receiving a promotion.
- Upload the updated CSV.
- Select Save.
|← Back to Create a Compensation Cycle||Next Data Check →|