The Participants page of a compensation cycle setup allows admins to determine who will be included in the cycle, who will be promoted in the cycle, and confirm performance ratings.
This article includes the following topics:
All active employees in Lattice will be included in the Participants table by default. Within this table, each participant will automatically have a status assigned based on the eligibility rules defined on the Rules and Ratings page.
- Eligible: Employees that are eligible to receive a compensation adjustment in this cycle.
- Ineligible: Employees that did not fit the criteria for the compensation cycle based on the eligibility rules defined on the Rules and Ratings page. These employees are ineligible to receive a compensation adjustment in this cycle. However, they will still be included in the cycle for context, and their current pay information will be visible to managers and admins.
- Hidden: These employees are entirely removed from the cycle and will not be shown. This is most commonly used in cases where executives or senior leadership have their compensation reviewed outside the main compensation cycle and should therefore be excluded from the process entirely.
- Employees with their pay type listed as hourly on the Employee Pay table are automatically hidden from the cycle. Only employees with the salary pay type can be included in a compensation cycle.
- Once an employee has been made hidden, they cannot have their status changed back to eligible.
If needed, admins can override an employee’s status using the dropdowns in the Participants table. Select multiple employees and click the Actions button to bulk edit status to bring up the option.
The Currency column displays the currency in which an employee is compensated (the employee’s local currency). This can be updated in the Employee Pay table.
A green checkmark in the Ratings column indicates whether or not an employee has a performance rating assigned to them. These ratings are linked to the performance review cycle selected on the Rules and Ratings page.
Promotion indicates which individuals are going to be promoted via this cycle. Promotions can be added individually via the Participants table or bulk uploaded via CSV.
Add individual promotions via the Participants table
- Select the Promotion dropdown next to an eligible employee.
- Decide if the employee should be promoted into a new compensation band.
- Note: Compensation bands are optional for promotions. If a compensation band is provided, you will have the option on the Budget page to provide raise guidance for promoted employees based on placement in their new compensation bands. Selecting a compensation band here will not automatically update an employee’s compensation band assignment or Grow track elsewhere in Lattice.
- Upon opening the Promotion modal, you can select a new compensation band for the promoted employee. Use the following fields to match the employee to the correct compensation band:
- Job function (required)
- Job type (required)
- Job level (required)
- Location (optional)
- If you prefer to promote an employee without assigning them to a new compensation band, uncheck Add compensation band details for this promotion before proceeding.
- Select Save.
Bulk update eligibility or promotions
Admins can make bulk changes to the Participants by uploading a CSV.
To upload a CSV:
- Select Upload CSV.
- Download the Promotion Decision CSV template.
- Optionally, download the prefilled Compensation Bands Reference CSV to use as a reference to assign employees to their new compensation bands upon promotion.
- Under the Status column, add whether employees can or cannot receive a comp adjustment by inputting eligible, ineligible, or hidden.
- Under the Promotion Decision (Y/N) column, bulk add promotion decisions by inputting Y or N for each employee.
- Note: New Track, New Level, and New Location are required for employees receiving a promotion.
- (Optional) To assign promoted employees to new compensation bands, fill in the following:
- New Job Function
- New Job Type
- New Level
- New Location (if applicable)
- Upload the updated CSV.
- Select Save.
|← Back to Create a Compensation Cycle||Next Currency→|