Before admins can create a compensation cycle, they must upload employee pay data. There are two ways to upload employee pay data: upload manually via CSV or sync compensation default attributes from your HRIS.
Before you start
- Only Lattice full admins and compensation admins can upload, modify, view, or delete employee pay data. Learn more in Compensation Roles and Permissions.
- Data can only be uploaded for employees who are active in Lattice. Learn more in Understanding Different User States.
- Ensure the preferred full name and email address match with their Lattice account.
Upload employee pay data
Navigate to employee pay upload modal via one of the following pages:
- Navigate to Admin > Compensation > Settings.
- Under Employee compensation, next to Employee base pay and variable pay, select Upload CSV.
- Employee Pay page
- Navigate to Admin > Compensation > Employee Pay.
- Select Upload pay data > Upload employee pay.
- Compensation Settings
- Download the Employee CSV template and input the necessary fields.
- Upload the CSV.
- Select Save.
- Review the results of the upload within the Employee pay page.
Required and optional fields
The following fields are required when uploading employee pay data:
- Name (Employee preferred name)
- Email (case sensitive)
- Base pay amount
- Pay effective date
- Currency (three-letter currency code)
- Pay type (salary or hourly)
If applicable, variable pay or bonus amount should be uploaded as well before creating a cycle. Learn more in Key Terms for Compensation.