If you use TriNet as your HRIS, you can easily set up your organization in Lattice through our integration.
Additionally, your employees can access Lattice directly from the TriNet platform using Single Sign-On (SSO).
Before you start
To sync your Lattice account with TriNet, you must be a Lattice admin and a TriNet Workforce Analytics Administrator.
This article contains the following topics:
What employee information will come over to Lattice from TriNet?
If synced, Lattice will pull the following information from TriNet:
|Lattice default attribute||TriNet field||Comments|
|Employee work email|
|Name||Employee name||Preferred name will be used if available|
|Manager's email||Manager work email|
|Start date||Employee service date|
|Birthdate*||Employee birth date||This is an optional field.|
|Department||Employee primary department name|
|Phone number||Employee work phone number|
|Status||Active or Terminated|
|External ID||TriNet employee ID|
For more information on accepted SFTP headers, read Column Headers Accepted for SFTP.
Step 1: Initiating the SFTP Connection
What you will need to set up the connection:
- The Lattice subdomain as SFTP username: The Lattice subdomain will be used as the SFTP username in Lattice. This is required to schedule the SFTP report in Workforce Analytics in TriNet.
- Lattice SFTP password: You will receive an email to log into Lattice and set this password.
Initiating the connection
- Reach out to your Lattice Customer Success Manager (CSM) or Lattice Customer Care to enable the SFTP feature and receive our SFTP credentials. Include:
- Your Lattice subdomain. The Lattice subdomain is the URL portion that precedes the latticehq.com domain. For example, if your organization's Lattice URL is "https://bigco.latticehq.com," "bigco" would be your subdomain.
- The email address of a technical contact who should receive the SFTP invite to begin setup. Your Lattice contact will work with your technical contact to provision you an account on our SFTP server and give them instructions on setting up the integration. This person should have admin permissions in Lattice and TriNet.
- Subject: SFTP Connection with TriNet
Please enable SFTP feature for connection with TriNet
SFTP Contact Email:
- Subject: SFTP Connection with TriNet
- The contact will receive an SFTP email invitation. Click the blue Set your password button to finalize the connection in Lattice.
- After clicking the button, you'll be redirected to the Integrations page in Lattice to set your password –– Create a secure password, click Save, and your SFTP connection is complete.
Note: the SFTP sync will automatically be set to active upon connection.
Step 2: Schedule your report in Workforce Analytics
You'll need to schedule a daily report in Workforce Analytics to deliver employee information to Lattice. To complete this step, you must have the Workforce Analytics Administrator role.
1. From the TriNet platform, go to Reports > Workforce Analytics.
2. Select Scheduler from the menu and click + Add New Schedule.
3. In the search field, begin typing Lattice and then select "Lattice Integration Template" or "Lattice Integration Template w Birthdate" if you want to include birthdate.
4. Click Next and then Schedule.
5. Check Use SFTP.
6. Remove your name from the list of recipients if it is listed.
7. Click Next.
8. Enter the following settings:
- Format: CSV
- Host Name: sftp2.lattice.com
- Port: 22
- Directory: uploads
- UserName: Enter your Lattice subdomain
- Password: Enter the password set in Step 1
- Frequence: Set to daily or desired frequency
- Time of Day: Select the time the report should be sent to Lattice
- No End Date: Check off so report schedule runs until canceled manually
Note: You can test the SFTP settings by clicking Test. A successful connectivity test will result in a green checkbox and success indicator. You will not be able to schedule the report without a successful connectivity test.
9. After completing, scroll to the right on your screen and select Schedule.
After the first file is transferred, a technical contact at your company will need to reach out to us and let us know so that we can ensure that the file is in the correct format (the CSV should be UTF-8 encoded). Once this is done, the SFTP setup is complete, and the integration will be active. From then on, the process will be completely automated. You can control how often you send us the file to auto-upload.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I've sent a file through SFTP but I don't see the changes in Lattice.
A: Confirm that the file is formatted as .csv.
Q: What format must my file be formatted in?
A: Files will need to be formatted as .csv in order to be uploaded into the system.