Sync all of your company's TriNet employee information with Lattice
Using TriNet as your HRIS, you can set up your organization in Lattice through the TriNet integration. Additionally, your employees can access Lattice directly from the TriNet platform using Single Sign-On (SSO).
To sync your Lattice account with TriNet, you must be a Lattice admin and a TriNet Workforce Analytics Administrator.
This article contains the following topics:
- What employee information will come over to Lattice from TriNet?
- Step 1: Initiating the SFTP Connection
- Step 2: Schedule your report in Workforce Analytics
What employee information will come over to Lattice from TriNet?
If synced, Lattice will pull the following information from TriNet via a daily CSV file:
|Lattice default attribute||TriNet field||Comments|
|Employee work email|
|Name||Employee first name and last name||Preferred name will be used if available|
|Title||Employee business title|
|Manager's email||Manager work email|
|Start date||Employee service date|
|Birthdate*||Employee birth date||This is an optional field.|
|Department||Employee primary department|
|Phone number||Employee work phone number|
|Status||Active or Terminated|
|External ID||TriNet employee ID|
For more information on accepted SFTP headers, read Column Headers Accepted for SFTP.
Additional updates include:
- If the employee is "active" in TriNet but doesn't yet have an account in Lattice, Lattice will create one for them. See Invite Your Organization to Lattice to invite the employee to Lattice after creation.
- If the employee is "terminated" in TriNet but doesn't have an account in Lattice, Lattice will not transfer any information for them.
- If the employee is "active" in TriNet and has an account in Lattice, Lattice will update their information.
- If your employee is "terminated" in TriNet and has an account in Lattice, Lattice will deactivate their account in Lattice and they will no longer be able to log in.
Step 1: Initiate the SFTP Connection
What you will need to set up the connection:
- The Lattice subdomain as SFTP username: The Lattice subdomain will be used as the SFTP username in Lattice. This is required to schedule the SFTP report in Workforce Analytics in TriNet.
- Lattice SFTP password: You will receive an email to log into Lattice and set this password.
Initiate the connection
- Contact your Lattice Customer Success Manager (CSM) or Lattice Customer Care to enable the SFTP feature and receive our SFTP credentials. Include:
- Your Lattice subdomain. The Lattice subdomain is the URL portion that precedes the latticehq.com domain. For example, if your organization's Lattice URL is "https://bigco.latticehq.com," "bigco" would be your subdomain.
- The email address of a technical contact who should receive the SFTP invite to begin setup. Lattice will work with your technical contact to provision an account on Lattice's SFTP server and give them instructions on setting up the integration. This person should have admin permissions in Lattice and TriNet.
- Subject: SFTP Connection with TriNet
Please enable SFTP feature for connection with TriNet
SFTP Contact Email:
- Subject: SFTP Connection with TriNet
- The technical contact will receive an SFTP email invitation. Click the blue Set your password button to finalize the connection in Lattice.
- After clicking the button, you will be redirected to the Integrations page in Lattice to set a password –– Create a secure password, click Save, and the SFTP connection is complete.
Note: The SFTP sync will automatically be set to active upon connection. Files uploaded to this SFTP account will automatically be imported to Lattice.
Step 2: Schedule the employee sync in TriNet
You must configure an employee sync in the TriNet Integration Center to deliver employee information to Lattice. To complete this step, you must have the Integration Administrator and Workforce Analytics Administrator roles.
- From the TriNet platform, go to Integration Center.
- Navigate to the Available Apps section > Performance Management.
- Select Lattice – Employee Sync and click Get Started.
- Username: Enter the username of the SFTP user established in Step 1(typically the same as company domain) For example, if your organization's Lattice URL is "https://bigco.latticehq.com", "bigco" would be your subdomain.
- Password: Enter password created in Step 1.
- Click Connect to establish the integration. The system will perform a test connection at this time to ensure the credentials provided are valid.
- Once the connection is successful, you will receive a confirmation page.
After completing your setup, Lattice - Employee Sync will be moved to the My Connected Apps tab.