By using TriNet, your users will no longer need to remember an extra password to sign into Lattice, and you can quickly remove their access to Lattice from a centralized control panel.
Note: Because SSO configuration is a technical process, we recommend that your IT team assist with the setup.
The following steps are required to set up SSO with Trinet:
Configure SSO in TriNet
- In the TriNet Integration Center, locate the Lattice card under the Performance Management section.
- Select Get Started.
- Provide the following information. "[subdomain]" is your Lattice subdomain. For example, if your organization's Lattice URL is "https://bigco.latticehq.com", "bigco" would be your subdomain and your ACS URL would be: https://router.latticehq.com/sso/bigco/acs
- Select Next.
- Download the TriNet Metadata File and select Complete. You will need this file when setting up SSO in Lattice.
- Select Complete.
Complete Setup in Lattice
- In Lattice, navigate to Admin > Settings > Platform > Single Sign-On.
- (Optional) Check to Force employee login through SSO or Force admin login through SSO.
- Copy and paste the TriNet Metadata File from the previous TriNet step into the XML metadata section.
- Click Save.
Note: Make sure you are opening the Metadata file from a text editor or a note editor, opening it from another application might reformat it.
Test Single Sign-On (SSO)
To ensure your SSO setup was implemented correctly:
- In the TriNet platform, navigate to the Employee view.
- Enter Performance and Learning.
- If the connection worked, Lattice will display in the menu.