Once a compensation cycle has been launched, managers of managers will receive a notification prompting them to complete their compensation review for their direct and indirect reports.
Managers of managers are responsible for the approval of recommendations submitted by those in their organization and will see a view that includes approving, in addition to recommending.
This article contains the following topics:
- Complete your compensation review
- Keep track
- Confirm changes
Complete your compensation review
- Within the Home page, select the Complete your compensation review task.
- If you are an admin, enter the Your team tab within the compensation cycle.
- Navigate to Comp > Current cycle.
- Click to enter the desired compensation cycle.
You will be able to provide recommendations for your direct reports under the My direct reports section.
Read Complete your compensation review: Recommendations to learn more about the comp recommendation process for your direct reports.
Approve your organization: Approval table
Under Approve your organization, you can view and approve all recommendations submitted by your team for their direct reports.
Filtering the approval table
Two filters are available via checkbox:
- Show only eligible: Filters out anyone ineligible
- Show unapproved: Filters out people who have a recommendation
The filter bar allows you to filter by Organization (everyone who rolls up to a particular manager), Department, Job Level, Job Function, and Location.
You can also see two progress bars that track recommendations and approvals:
- Recommendations: Tracks how many people in your organization still need submissions
- You've approved: Tracks how many people you have approved
Both progress bars need to be 100% to submit.
The approval table
The table shows everybody in your organization in alphabetical order, along with the following values:
- Recommendation values (salary, bonus, equity) depending on the cycle settings
If an individual does not yet have a recommendation submitted by their direct manager, it will show a "Waiting for [MANAGER] 's recommendation" to indicate that an initial recommendation has not yet been submitted.
On the table, you can see several different types of badges. Badges next to each pay type represent which pay variations an employee is eligible for within that pay type.
- Bonus payout:O indicates one-time bonus, and P indicates bonus plan payout
- Equity: P indicates promotion grant, and R indicates refresh grant
- Guidance badges: Indicate cases when an existing recommendation is higher than the guidance
Hovering over the badge will give details on the pay type it represents.
To submit, you will need to act on each person in your organization by:
- Ensuring there is a value for that person's recommendation AND
- Clicking Approve to confirm that you agree with the current value
You can click the edit icon to bring out the side participant context panel which allows you to complete the following actions:
- Writing in a recommendation if none was provided by your direct report
- Approve a recommendation that was supplied by selecting the checkmark next to an individual's name or selecting the Approve button.
- Override a recommendation that was supplied by re-inputting the new pay
- Add a note or pull up existing notes that have been written about the employee
The page footer will track how many outstanding actions you have. The next person in the compensation process will be shown here.