Once a compensation cycle has been launched, managers will receive a notification prompting them to complete their compensation review for their direct reports.
Before you start
In most cases, only direct line managers will see this view. However, in some cases, managers of managers may also get this view if their direct report managers are not recommending as part of the process, in which case all their direct report’s reports will roll up to the manager of managers.
This article contains the following topics:
- Complete your compensation review
- Write recommendation
- Keep track
- Confirm recommendations
Complete your compensation review
- Within the Home page, select the Complete your compensation review task.
- Navigate to Comp > Current cycle.
- Click to enter the desired compensation cycle.
- If you are an admin, enter the Your team tab within the compensation cycle.
The compensation review includes a summary of statistics for your team across different pay types (if applicable):
- Eligible Employees: the number of employees that are eligible for a comp change this cycle
- Employees in band: the number of the eligible employees that are within their role’s comp band
- Spend: the current sum of the recommendation inputs on the page
- Budget: the sum of the guidance of all eligible employees for eligible direct reports
- Eligible Employees: the number of employees that are eligible for a bonus payout
- Bonus plan eligibility: the number of employees eligible for a bonus plan payout
- One-time bonus eligibility: the number of employees eligible for a one-time bonus
- Spend: the current sum of the bonus recommendation inputs on the page
- Eligible Employees: the number of employees that are eligible for a new equity grant
- Refresh grant eligibility: the number of employees eligible for a refresh grant
- Promotion grant eligibility: the number of employees eligible for a promotion grant
- Spend: the current sum of the equity recommendation inputs on the page in shares
- Bonus: the sum of the guidance for all eligible employees in shares
Each member of your team will have an employee card with their information and places to fill in their compensation recommendation. Ineligible employees will also be included, but you will not be able to make recommendations for them.
The following contextual information is provided on each card. This list is comprehensive and any given employee will see what they have eligibility for:
- Job Function: the job function the employee is in
- Level: the job level of the employee in that function
- Location: the location group the employee is a part of
- Start date: the date the employee started at the company
- Perf rating: the performance rating of the employee based on a recent review the admin connected to the merit cycle. Note: If a review was not connected, this column may not be visible
- Last comp change: how long ago it’s been since the employee’s last cash comp change
- Promotion: whether or not this employee is being promoted
- Current pay: the current total cash pay of the employee (includes base and variable pay)
- Current base: the current base pay of the employee
- Current variable: the current variable pay of the employee, if applicable
- Raise guidance: the raise guidance provided by the admins who set up the cycle
- Band movement: the current total pay band of the employee with several indicators
- Grant Type: either Refresh or Promotion grant
- Grant guidance: guidance provided by the company in shares
- Bonus Type: either Bonus Plan or One-time
- Bonus guidance: guidance provided by the company, for one-time bonuses this will be a range
Create your own recommendation
To write in a salary recommendation, input your raise Recommendation as either a percentage (%) or new total pay, or a flat number increment. You can toggle between these two using the input toggle.
If an employee has a variable pay component, a manager can manually edit the amount of pay that belongs to base vs. variable, or they can enter a value into 'Total' and base and variable will be automatically calculated based on the existing ratio.
Recommendations for Bonus and Equity
Recommendations here operate in the same way, where managers can enter in the value of the grant or bonus recommendation, or use provided guidance. Since there’s no base in these cases (like for salary) you cannot enter the recommendation as a %.
Use the raise guidance
If you want to use the guidance the admin set, select Use Guidance to automatically input the recommendation.
The page footer will track how many recommendations you have completed and how many are outstanding. The next person in the compensation process, the approver, will be shown here.
Add a note
You can add an explanation to your recommendation by clicking the 'Add a note' button on the employee's card. This explanation will be viewable by all managers approving this employee and admins.
Select Confirm recommendations to submit your recommendations. Note, that recommendations cannot be edited once submitted.
Next, learn more about the approval process in Complete Your Compensation Review: Approver.