How to edit a review question being used in a review cycle that has been launched
Lattice Reviews enable admins to change and update questions that are currently in use, while maintaining data integrity and being as minimally disruptive to the review process for admins, managers, and employees, as possible.
Before you start
- Editing questions in an active review cycle is only possible in Org Chart reviews. Questions cannot be edited in project-based reviews or automated reviews.
- Edits to a question within a review template or the question bank will not reflect in an active review cycle.
- Competency, goals, and Lattice default questions cannot be edited.
What is and isn't editable in a review question?
To protect data integrity, there are elements of a question that can and cannot be edited when a review cycle is active. Admins can edit the question title, description, question response labels, and visibility.
Note: Admins cannot add additional response options in an active review cycle. To edit a question to include an additional option, you must duplicate the template and question within it, edit, and then swap the review template.
|Comment response On/Off||NO|
|Number of response options||NO|
Edit a question in an active review
- Navigate to Admin > Reviews > Auditing > Enter the review cycle.
- Select Settings and enter the Templates section.
- Select Edit next to the template you wish to edit.
- Within the template, select Edit next to the question you wish to edit.
- Adjust one or more of the following:
- Response labels
- Select Next.
- (Optional) If the question also appears in a template for an additional reviewer group, Lattice will ask whether you only want to update only for this review group or for all groups using the question in the review cycle. Select Show reviewer groups to view and confirm the groups that would be impacted by a bulk change.
- Select Save.
Note: Questions will always be updated in the question bank and template bank.