Understanding the types and causes of 1:1 notifications.
Note: Slack and Microsoft Teams notifications are sent via the Lattice App.
1:1s email notifications are sent as follows:
- When a new 1:1 relationship is set up
- A few hours before a 1:1 meeting.
- A few hours after a 1:1 meeting.
To send these through Slack, Microsoft Teams, or email, you can check the boxes to the right of 1:1s on your Notifications page. Make sure to press the blue Save button when you're finished.
Initiating a new 1:1 relationship
When someone has set up a 1:1 in Lattice, the other participant will receive a message making them aware of the meeting and encouraging them to set talking points. This same message will be sent to managers if one of their direct reports requests a 1:1 meeting with them. The details of this email are below:
- Subject: New 1:1 setup
- Body: Hey [name],
[Employee] has set up a 1:1 with you in Lattice. You can now collaborate on a shared meeting agenda and track notes on a regular basis.
Your next 1:1 is on [date]
- Button: Add your first talking point
Note: This notification cannot be disabled, however, you can choose your preferred delivery method.
Pre- and Post-Meeting Notifications
You will get a notification before and after your 1:1:
- 2 hours before your 1:1 meeting, you will get a reminder to update the meeting agenda.
- 2 hours after the 1:1 meeting, both participants will get a reminder to cross off completed agenda items and add any new comments.
Note: Post 1:1 notifications will not be sent if the 1:1 is revisited before notifications are sent out. Revisit = close out tab and reopen new browsing session.
For a post-meeting notification to be sent out the meeting must contain either:
- An active talking point (one that is not checked off).
- An action item that was created before or by the 1:1 start time.
- A note.
Individual users have the power to enable or disable pre- and post-meeting notifications. To enable or disable the pre-1:1 reminder or post-1:1 overview notifications, navigate to Account > Manage Settings > Notifications and toggle on/off each reminder.
For a visual example of how email notifications appear, see Lattice Email Notifications.