Permissions and Visibility for an HR Business Partner
What is an HR Business Partner?
As an admin, you may want to give people in your company permission to view or manage a subset of your company. This may be just one team, department, office, etc. Typically, the HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. However, there may be other reasons that you want to provide a user with these permissions. Common use cases for this are:
- HR Business Partners (or Liaisons)
- HR Admins for a Specific Office Location
What visibility does an HRBP typically have?
The HRBP typically has full visibility into all employees that are members of the group they can view. This will include themselves if they are part of that custom field. This can be customized for certain tools if you only want someone to have access to a portion of Lattice (e.g., if you just want someone to have access to reviews). This is outlined setup below.
What can an HRBP manage?
Based on the permissions selected during setup, HRBPs can execute for their employees in the following ways: edit employee profiles, edit goals, delete feedback, delete updates, and move through phases of the review cycle.
Set up an HRBP
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Permissions.
- Enter the Custom roles tab.
- Click Create custom role.
- Give the role a name (e.g. HRBP).
- Search and select the role members that will be given HR Generalist permissions.
- Under Employee specific permissions, add filters for default and custom attributes that represent the group of employees that the HRBP should have access to.
- Select the visibility and managing permissions that you would like the HRBP to access:
- Click Create role.