Permissions and Visibility for a Department Head
Department heads are typically the leader of a specific organization within your company.
Note: You can set one employee as multiple department heads. You can also set multiple employees as department heads for a given department.
What visibility does a department head have?
Department heads do not have any added visibility.
What can a department head manage?
Apart from a super admin, department heads are the only other permission level that allows:
- Employees to set department-level goals
- Included in role-based sharing in Engagement surveys
Set up a department head
Department heads must be set manually within the system.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization > People > Departments.
- Within the department row, click the gear icon > Set department heads.
- Search and select the department head(s).
- Click Save changes.