How to send a specific view of your survey results to anyone at your company
All survey admins can share survey results with others at the company. Survey results can either be shared in full or as a filtered set of data. Either way, Lattice makes it easy to share the relevant data with the relevant people.
Sharing full results
You might want to share the full survey results with the exec team. To do so, navigate to the Results tab of the survey, and with no filters applied, click on "Save this view."
This will open up the saved views sidebar and prompt you to view and name the users you want to share this view with. You can share the survey results with many people at once.
Sharing partial results
For people outside of the executive team, you might only want to share a subset of the data with them, like sharing the engineering department's results with just the head of the department, or only share results from a manager's team with that manager.
Surveys automatically create specific views for managers, department heads, and Mangers of Managers. To access, navigate to the Results tab of the survey, and select "Manage Views."
From here, select the group you would like to share results for:
- Departments heads will see survey results from members of their own department
- Managers will see survey results from their direct reports
- Managers of managers will see survey results from their indirect reports
Please note: Saved views will not be shared if the anonymity threshold is not met.
Once you select your view, you will have the opportunity to allow adjust the view settings to determine if the group will have access to the following:
- Enable filtering: Allow the group to filter results when viewing responses and heatmaps. Please note, department heads, managers, and managers of managers will never have visibility into results that are not within their organization. Filtering capabilities are limited to custom user attributes that are visible to everyone; non-admins are unable to filter by Admin, Admin + manager only user attributes in shared views. This feature only allows the group to add additional filters to the results they have access to. If toggled off, the top filter bar and heatmap analysis will be disabled.
- Show comments: Allow the group to view anonymous comments from survey responders. If toggled off, the Comments tab will not be visible within the view. Please note, if you have set the survey to allow managers or managers of managers to reply to anonymous comments, you will need to disable their access to replies before you can toggle off comments within the saved view.
After choosing your settings, you will have the opportunity to (1) preview the view they will see, (2) manage access by adding or removing employees from the visibility group, and finally (3) sharing with the selected group.
As the admin, you have the opportunity to customize the view even further by managing access. You can add or remove any user to the role group to give or remove their visibility.
The employees with who the survey is being shared will get an email with a link to the results tab, including all its functionality, with the preset filters locked in. They will not remove the preset filters, but they can add additional filters when exploring the data.
Sometimes you may want to create a view that does not necessarily fall into a specific department or a team. In these cases, a custom view may be a better choice.
To set up a custom view, you will need to add the filters you want to share. For example, you may want to filter by office location. Once the filter is set, click on "Save this view" to give it a name and share it with an employee. Note that now, the "Office Location: NY" filter is locked in.
Ability to share or hide comments for a specific view:
When creating a saved view, you will have the option to toggle on/off sharing comments. To share comments, make sure to toggle on the "Show comments" section as shown below:
If you want to hide comments, turn off the toggle. Those who have access to the view won't see the comments when this is turned off. Here is an example of how the comment portion will show when comments are not shared.
Please note: This feature is only available for custom views.
Managing shared surveys
If you want to manage your saved view and who you've shared them with, click on the "Manage views" button to open up the sidebar again.
From here, you can delete the views you've created, share existing views with more people, or remove people's access to views.
Unshare reviews by clicking into the associated view and removing the user: