How to turn on Updates for employees as an admin.
As an admin, you will first need to enable the Updates tool for all or a subset of your employees. After this feature is enabled, you will have the additional ability to turn on/off Updates for specific employees. To do this, please refer to the steps below:
Before you start
- If the individual does not have a manager, they will only be able to post public updates.
- If an admin turns on Updates for an employee that has never submitted an update before, the employee will receive a notification. If the employee has had Updates turned on in the past and submitted an update, then the employee will not receive a notification when the feature is turned on again.
- Managers are not notified when Updates are enabled for their direct report.
- When an employee's manager changes within Lattice, the Updates status will be automatically turned off. It is up to the new manager or the admin to turn on Updates once more for this employee.
- For more information on Update notifications, check out A List of Notifications for Updates.
Turning on Updates for individuals
- Navigate to Admin > Updates > Updates log.
- Navigate to the Individuals tab.
- Select Turn on for all to turn on Updates for all Updates-enabled employees with managers. Note: You can also select to filter this list and click Turn on for all for only the filtered individuals.
- (Optional) To enable this feature without filtering, or turning it on for all, toggle on the Status for specific employees.