How to turn on Updates for employees as an admin
Admins can turn on Updates for employees so they can begin to submit. Before giving employees access, Updates must first be enabled for all or a subset of employees. After enabling, Updates can be turned off or on for specific employees.
Learn more in Enable Updates for your Organization.
Before you start
- If the individual does not have a manager, they cannot post Updates.
- If an admin turns on Updates for an employee who has never submitted an update, the employee will receive a notification. If the employee has had Updates turned on in the past and submitted an update, then the employee will not receive a notification when Updates is turned on again.
- Managers are not notified when Updates are enabled for their direct report.
- When an employee's manager changes within Lattice, the Updates status will automatically turn off. It is up to the new manager or the admin to turn on Updates once more for this employee.
- For more information on Update notifications, see A List of Notifications for Updates.
Turning on Updates for individuals
- Navigate to Admin > Updates > Updates log.
- Navigate to the Individuals tab.
- Select Turn on for all to turn on Updates for all Updates-enabled employees with managers. Note: You can also select to filter this list and click Turn on for all for only the filtered individuals.
- (Optional) To enable this feature without filtering, or turning it on for all, toggle on the Status for specific employees.